Developing cost optimizing strategies for asset life extension and aging assets to eradicate failure while maximizing production
The Asset Integrity Management conference returns to Abu Dhabi after playing host to the region's top integrity experts in the Middle East and around the world including Oman, Egypt, Aberdeen, Singapore, Houston, Canada and Stavanger to name a few.
Join 100+ asset integrity experts in April 2016 to learn how to develop cost optimisation strategies and tackle ageing assets in a low oil price climate.
Life extension for ageing assets is moving firmly up the agenda for many oil and gas operators as the majority of assets in the Middle East are operating beyond originally intended design life. Some of the key factors driving this includes: low oil prices; technology advances; updated design standards and knowledge; need to manage risk and ensure safe operation; enhanced focus on safety; HPHT & sour environments and changes in reservoirs.
Research shows that there are 750 offshore fixed platforms and bridges in the Middle East region. Out of these, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) alone accounts for about 450 structures, where more than 70% of these being older than 25 years and some beyond 40 years.
With integrity managers and their engineers playing an active role in ensuring the operation of their existing infrastructure remains economical, safe and sustainable, developing cost optimization strategies for asset life extension and ageing assets is one of their key focus areas for 2016.
At the Asset Integrity Management Abu Dhabi conference, operators will address crucial integrity challenges such as the risk of running an ageing asset bearing in mind the “ageing” problem and secondly the low oil price. The event will focus on the potential to lengthen the operating life of oil & gas assets, platforms and their supporting infrastructure, to optimise efficiency and profitability, whilst ensuring regulatory compliance.
Some of the key learnings attendees can take from the event include:
- Maximising recovery from existing fields and increasing the production for new developments: Discuss how operators are being squeezed to extend brownfield operations and secure a robust strategy to ensure new developments are producing for up to 50 years
- Dealing with increasingly harsh operating conditions: Gain insights on how inspection and maintenance is carried out in high CO2 content, HPHT and sour environments, as it continues to present several challenges in the Middle East region
- Attaining continuous service & life enhancement strategies: Learn how lifecycle approaches are being embraced within integrity to ensure measures are taken to minimize risk at every stage of project cycles
- OPEX and CAPEX cost optimisation: Learn how cost optimisation strategies are being delivered to reduce OPEX for asset integrity to reduce CAPEX for new developments
- Technology and innovations for asset integrity management: Learn how new techniques and solutions for corrosion, inspection and maintenance can lead to reduced costs in the long term and by reducing shutdowns and inspection frequencies
Who should attend?
The Asset Integrity Management Abu Dhabi conference is designed for integrity, safety, maintenance and inspection professionals, and those responsible for making decisions related to safety, inspection and maintenance of facility equipment and implementing AIM strategies into the current and new assets.
Director, Chief, Manager,Head, Engineer of :
- Asset Integrity
- Inspection & Corrosion
- Design & Pipeline
- Process Safety & HSE
- Well Integrity
- Pipeline Integrity
“A very pragmatic approach into the processes used in root cause investigations and the importance of lessons learnt!” - Gavin Lyra, Manager Projects and Operations, Japan Australia LNG
“Good level of experience and expertise of all the speakers, presentations very impressive and relevant,” - Andrea Bowes, EOIM Maintenance & Integrity Team Leader, Petroleum Development Oman
“An excellent forum in which we get to share and learn about each other’s asset integrity improvement journey” - Chris Breeze, Shell Oman Country Chairman
“Excellent event with high quality presentations” - Mahendran Gurusamy, Senior Engineer Process Safety, Orpic
“Our assets are safe and we know it!” - Orlando De Matos, Head of Inspection Department, GASCO
“The LFI day was insightful with some excellent subject matter from oil majors” - Allan Grieve, Operations and Maintenance Manager, Shell Development Oman